Bring your household items and clothes to Trinity in April Every Saturday in April, from 9 am till Noon, we are collecting items as a fundraiser for the Women of Trinity. All items should be clean and in good condition. Place clothes and shoes in a trash bag and all other items in boxes. Thank you for supporting the Women of Trinity!
Men’s Band Concert, Sunday, May 1st, 9 am.
Smelt Feed, Sunday, May 1st, 10 am till 11:30 am. Smelt, meatballs, tater tots, homemade chips, baked beans, dessert, beverage. Free-will offering taken to support Trinity missions.
Calling all men! We are looking for workers for the Smelt Feed! Sign-up on the table in the Narthex.
Adopt-A-Highway Saturday, May 7th, 8 am. All ages welcome! Wear long pants and bring gloves. Help us care for our stretch of highway and keep God’s creation clean!
Simply Giving Mania! From May 1st till June 5th, if you join our automated giving program Simply Giving or increase your current Simply Giving by $5 a month, you will get entered into a drawing to win four tickets. What tickets? YOUR CHOICE! Choices are: Brewers-Twins game at Target Field, an event at the Pablo Center in Eau Claire, or an event at the Mabel Tainter in Menomonie. Pick up a form on the round table in the Narthex or included in this Good News.
Vacation Bible School! Sign-up today for VBS on June 13-17th, 9 am till 2:00 pm every day for ages 4-6th grade. Cost is $10 per student.
VBS Snacks Needed: Sign-up in the Narthex to provide snacks for Vacation Bible School in June.
Graduate Recognition Sunday May 22nd at 9 am.
Don’t forget that you can support Trinity through the Vanco app OR using the donate form on our website. Download the free app, search for Trinity Lutheran Boyceville, and go from there!
MUSINGS FROM PASTOR BRAD
Now that we are a week past Easter Sunday, a few reflections and some other observations . . .
- It was nice to have a “normal” Easter again, with the full processional, the confirmation youth making breakfast, seeing the light stream through the stained glass windows, all of the people. It felt like Easter again after two years of modified or online only services.
- A couple of highlights for me during the services: Seeing the full processional at sunrise worship; during the second service having someone yell out, “Way to go PB” after I got done playing trumpet (first time in the over 30 years I’ve been playing it), seeing Katie get swallowed hole by all the kids at the children’s sermon; a little boy giving me a picture he colored during communion; watching the confirmation kids and parents work so well for the Easter breakfast; and playing uke with Bob at sunrise and Katie at both services.
- Another highlight was the fun that was had by those that came out on Good Friday morning to clean the brass, what I dubbed the “Delores Brezina Memorial Brass Cleaning.” Lots of great help, conversation, and I think Dee was looking down and proud of the fun that we were having (and the shiny look of the polished brass).
- I’m a strange person. I have seen the same Liberty Mutual commercial, in which the young spokesperson can’t say the spiel right. I laugh every time he says “liberty biberty.” Every single time.
- Special thanks to Stan Larson for the gifts of venison bacon and hunter sticks he gave me. Allowed me to have two types of bacon on Easter!
- Sadly, due to snow, I did not get a chance to play my post Easter round of golf on Easter Monday. But we did go out to the first tee and hit a shot in the snow. I actually hit it down the middle (unlike this past Friday when I actually got to play a full round).
- Katie is off this week and if you didn’t get a chance to listen to her podcast, “The Word Examined,” I highly recommend it. I enjoyed the puns especially in the resurrection episode!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs will be, forever, the best holiday candy ever. EVER.
- Wednesday was our last Crew of the year. 68 kids. Even though it can be exhausting, I will never take for granted that 68 kids want to hang out for an hour and a half at church, singing songs, eating food, listening to Bible stories. It wouldn’t be possible without our great helpers (Lonna, Nichole, Trudie, Heather) and all our snack servers. One kid asked me on Friday when the next Crew was and I reminded him that it was done for the year. He said, “Aw.”
- In this month of April, we have had three special services, with the Cross Generational Worship, Youth Palm Sunday Worship, and the Holy Week and Easter services. These don’t happen without all those who give of their time and talent to make it happen and our incredible church staff. Thank you to so many who made those services possible!
- Since Amy was gone for Easter, I got to eat fish in the house and I made lamb for Easter dinner. It was delicious!
- Some day spring will come . . .
May God bless you today and always!